Sunday, October 2, 2011

They snooze you lose (chapter 1)

         On this chapter the author talks about all the proper ways of utilizing Power Point presentations. There are many ways in which we are not taking advantage of the usage of this program. He explains we fill them up with bullets and text makes it unattractive to the human eyes. In the chapter he gives us suggestions that can make or break a presentation such as colors text quantities and orientation of  the text. He also gives us concrete examples in which we can see the difference that we can make if we take the right direction when making another Power Point Presentation. We also need to take in consideration the equipment that you will have available as well as the audience for whom you are presenting. This will make your job easier since you will know the pros and cons that you have to face as you present.

         After reading the chapter I did realize how much damage I was making to my Power Point Presentations. Not only were my presentations boring, but they were useless at the end since I was not getting my point across to my audience. This is a great eye opener chapter that I will keep as close to me as I can every time I make a new Power Point Presentation.

Work cited:
Burmark, L.(2011).They snooze you lose.San Francisco, CA:Jossey-Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment